Modern Farmhouse in Oregon’s Wine Country
Our most recent modern farmhouse in the west Willamette Valley is what dream homes are made of. Named “Starry Night Ranch” by homeowners Mike and Coleen Carberry, this 3 level, 4 bedroom custom home boasts of over 9,000 square feet of combined living, garage and outdoor spaces.
Well versed in the custom home building process, Coleen spent many hours partnering with both Shan and Buck Bailey Design to add in countless unique features, including a cross hatched cable rail system, a second story window that perfectly frames a view of Mt. Hood and an entryway cut-out to keep a specialty piece of furniture tucked out of the way.
From whitewashed shiplap wall coverings to reclaimed wood sliding barn doors to mosaic tile and honed granite, the Carberry’s farmhouse-inspired space achieves a timeless appeal with both classic comfort and modern flair.
The Carberrys are shown enjoying their gorgeous, Willamette Valley custom home in the images below with their beagles, Stanley and Molly.
- 6,578 sq ft home, including a gym, media room, shop and hunt room
- 1,632 sq feet of beautiful outdoor living spaces, featuring a 642 sq foot covered porch with a gas fire pit, speaker system and cedar decking
- 864 sq ft three car garage
- Vaulted great room showcasing a gas fireplace with floor to ceiling brick work and watertable hearth
- Main floor owner’s suite with a pine tongue and groove vaulted ceiling in the bedroom, along with a barrel vault and electric radiant floor heating in the bathroom
- Quartz kitchen counters with a large, one of a kind, hand selected granite slab for the island – the amazing, swirling pattern of the granite resembles Van Gogh’s famous painting and provided the inspiration for the home’s name, “Starry Night Ranch”
- White, recessed shaker style kitchen cabinets
- Wolf and Sub-Zero kitchen appliances, including a six burner gas range, warming drawer and custom, hand hammered zinc range hood
- White oak plank hardwood floors
- Abundant light with over fifty Marvin Integrity windows and a Marvin sliding door system, many of which highlight territorial views
- Three full curbed showers, each with tile to the ceiling and two niches
- On-Q Panel home audio system with speakers in the great room, kitchen and porches
- Two separate heat pumps and heat recovery ventilation (HRV) systems
- High efficiency water heaters
- Staggered stud wall assembly
- Whole home mineralized water filtration
- Hardie artisan series siding with a rain screen system
- Retention pond to harvest the home’s rainwater