Welcome to the design and construction of this luxury European French Country Home, or what we like to lovingly call… “The Castle”.
This elegant European French Country home in the Willamette Valley features jaw-dropping architecture and elegant details throughout. Built with the values of timeless design and beauty, this is an estate home that will inspire generations. With details such as hand-painted ceilings, exposed timber, and vaulted ceilings, this house exudes luxury.
This project was an approximately 9,000 square foot addition to approximately 5,000 square feet of an existing home, and took three years to complete. Although originally hired to build the new addition, Winsome also upgraded the original home to ensure a cohesive quality and feel with the new build.
This home was inspired and directed by the client, an author with a strong artistic vision for the home. It was crafted to be a welcoming estate, one that will inspire generations with the home’s classic elegance and luxury.
Photos courtesy of Michelle Workman Interiors
Some of the stunning rooms and luxurious features include:
- Marble throughout, including the floors and countertops
- Hand-painted ceilings
- Octagonal marble steam shower
- Individual, hand-laid shower mosaics
- Limestone balustrades
- Both smooth and rough limestone on the home’s exterior and deck
- 26-foot tall timber-framed great hall
- Hot yoga tower that preheats to 102 degrees
- Italian mirrors mounted onto antique glass
- 2 ten-foot tall waterfalls plunging into a custom pond
- Groin vaults in the library, bedroom, and sitting room
- Timber frame witch’s hat
- Home theater
- Views of the Oregon Coastal Range