FloodMaster Home Water Leak Detection
Personally, I know several friends and family members who have returned home from work or a weekend out of town to find their kitchen hardwood floor ruined due to a leaky refrigerator. You too? A leak from a water heater tank, water filtration system, ice maker, washing machine hose or bathroom fixture can turn into a full-blown disaster as water flows unabated in your home for hours or even days. Over time these indispensable systems wear down and show some signs of malfunction. These symptoms will grow from bad to worse over time, until a total failure occurs.
Here are just a few statistics found on the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety website:
- Water heater failures are one of the top FIVE sources of residential water losses.
- 69% of all water heater failures result from a slow leak or a sudden burst.
- Water heater failures cost an average of $4,444 per incident AFTER the deductible was paid.
- Supply line failure was the cause in only 10% of claims, but these claims typically were 60% higher than those caused by leaking or bursting.
- Failures of water heaters located on the first floor resulted in 33% greater losses than those resulting from water heaters in basements.
- Approximately 9% of all water heater failures occurred in unoccupied homes and resulted in 49% higher claims.
You can protect your property from unnecessary water damage by installing a FloodMaster Leak Detection and Alarm Shut-Off System. They have a complete line of automatic water shutoff systems to meet your application requirement and budget.
(This is not a paid promotion, we just think it’s a great product!)
Categories: Home Technology