Residential Site Superintendent Job Description
Old Mill District • 520 SW Powerhouse Drive, Suite 628 • Bend • OR • 97702
Winsome Construction hires great team members and gives them a great place to work. The company looks for motivated, organized, and efficient individuals who are dedicated to personal and professional growth and are committed to the vision of the company. Winsome offers a positive culture, a strong, supportive team environment, and a dedication to constant improvement. The company is equally committed to the growth and fulfillment of each team member and the company’s growth.
As a Bend-based Construction Site Superintendent, you will oversee and manage all phases of construction for projects in the Bend and the Central Oregon region. You will play a crucial role in ensuring that projects are completed safely, efficiently, and within the specified timelines and budget. Job responsibilities include job cost budgeting, job site cleanliness management, schedule management, weekly client meetings, and effective subcontractor communication.
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities.
- Travel to job sites in the Central Oregon Region
- Travel to Winsome’s Bend office for meetings, events, and as needed.
- Maintain positive, collaborative communication with clients including a weekly site meeting that is agenda driven and in which notes and action items are captured and saved to BuilderTrend for future reference.
- Assist Project Managers with the creation of a Central Oregon database of subcontractors.
- Maintain positive relationships with quality subcontractors in the region.
- Interface with subcontractors to obtain bids in order to facilitate the execution of bid-based estimates for projects during preconstruction/estimating.
- Direct all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, and with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Maintain construction schedule in Buildertrend and in practice on the project. Identify and solve problems.
- Provide a financial forecast monthly to the Project Manager of the expected revenue for the upcoming month on all projects.
- Maintain job cost tracking and facilitate client invoicing monthly. Code bills from subcontractors and suppliers during invoicing to assist with the client invoicing process.
- Skillfully and effectively implement Winsome process disciplines in accomplishing work objectives. Contribute to the refinement and improvement of process disciplines with ideas, innovation, and collaboration in the pursuit of excellence.
- Maintain positive working relationships among Winsome team members, customers, contractors, and suppliers.
- Prepare, schedule, and supervise the completion of a final punch list.
- Promote job site safety, encourage safe work practices, and rectify job site hazards immediately. Ensure all company employees and contractors adhere to the company safety policy in relation to their projects.
- Maintain a clean and organized job site.
- Organization- Utilizes strong organizational skills. Able to consistently adhere to work processes and efficiently and effectively manage time and resources for maximum benefit.
- Communication- Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Problem-solving- Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications, and costs.
- Interpersonal skills- Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
- Construction knowledge- Strong understanding of construction processes, materials, and project management software tools.
- Knowledge of construction quality standards- Must have an eye for detail that ensures quality control on job sites to a high standard of construction quality.
- Quick and flexible learner.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years in the field preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Excellent driving record
- Must be able to pass a drug test- Winsome is a drug-free company
- Winsome reserves the right to complete a background check
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the construction site in all types of weather.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
- $85,000-$95,000 annual salary
- Paid vacation
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Winsome vehicle
- Company supplied cell phone, laptop, and all other devices needed to perform job responsibilities
Winsome is an equal opportunity employer. Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.